What is keeping Signet in garage is about four tons of American steel in more or less mobile condition and some 500 kilos of slant six motors and parts. Plus some shop equipment. I share my garage with few other guys and my space is in the back... When emptying the way out I realized I actually own over a ton of slant sixes and slant six parts. A ton of beauty.
To be honest I'm pretty tired of this rebuild. And I'm more than happy that it is just about done. Although I haven't drive a bit (hold on, wait, I drove about one meter back and forth in my garage! Do we count that...?) it is safe to say that we're pretty much done. Most likely there will be some "entry level issues " that'll keep my hands greasy for some time, but at least I'm able to get this thing to inspection and license plates back on. I'm hoping I'm not too optimistic, but next week seems to be the time window when I'll take it to the inspection. When writing this Signet is already on wheels waiting for me to hit the key and roll it out, but unfortunately I don't have a pic of it in this current condition.
As the title says, the topic of this post is the final assembly, so I leave the driving out videos (that I don't even have at presence) and closing words and other chattering about the rebuild for my next post. Not sure, but I'm planning to put together a post about this rebuild in a nut shell, from start to finnish, my ideas and feelings and some ideas of the future. Actually I was planning to make this current post one of such, but I realized that it would be too much stuff for one post, because I already have a ton of material regarding the last steps of the rebuild.
Slideshows have become some sort of trademark of this blog, o why not continue the good old fashioned way. Enjoy:)
(I wrote most of this post like three a clock in the morning, so please forgive me there probably will be some grammar and clerical errors...)