While assembling the front suspension I found out one annoying thing... And it is my own fault. Entire mounting ear for idler arm is missing! Yeah, I cut it off and welded on my daily driver years, years back. The reason for doing so is difference in design between '67 and '68 and on valiants. '67 year had unique design which is poor to the bone while '68 and on had much better, corrected design. So, at some point I have cut the mounting ear off of Signet and welded on my daily driver in order to improve handling and "road feel". Using the newer style mounting ear and idler arm is definitely good idea on '67 valiants, but now I must fabricate one for Signet. Not a big deal really, but it can not be done in blink of an eye. Maybe one to two hours, I think.
I build a slideshow to show what I did for the upper control arms and how I put it all together. In the pics the upper control arms are gray in color. It is galvanizing paint from a rattle can. Usually, I never use rattle can pain on anything I want to last, but this galvanizing stuff is excellent. It really is! This pain on sand blasted steel and it will last forever. I have awesome experiences with this stuff. But maybe I will brush on some alkyd paint too, but we'll see. Or maybe I just spray on a heavy layer of vehicle under body coating :)